In order for Desert Fuels not to charge New Mexico sales tax on certain sales exempt from the tax, eligible customers must submit to Desert Fuels a valid “Non Taxable Transaction Certificate” (NTTC) issued by the state of NM, and executed specifically to Desert Fuels. To obtain a valid NTTC, please follow the steps below.
To generate a valid NTTC:
- Go to:
- Click on “NTTC-Net.”
- Enter your company’s CRS number & password.
- Under the “Buyer/Lessee Functions” menu, select “Execute NTTC.”
- Step 1: Select only NTTC Type 2 (All others types are not applicable unless you are a government agency. See note below.)
- Step 2: Select “Seller/Lesser with NM CRS ID.”
- Step 3: Enter Desert Fuels’ CRS ID Number as follows: 03-029368-00-5
- Step 4: “Date Executed” and “Date Issued” should be the current date. Select “Execute.”
- Print or save a copy of the completed NTTC .pdf and promptly submit it to your Desert Fuels’ customer account manager, or call (505) 750-3835 for assistance.
Acceptable NTTC Types:
Type 2 is the only acceptable NTTC type for sales tax exemption on fuel. Types 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, & 16 are “Unqualified” NTTC types.
From government agencies, we are able to accept the Type 9 NTTC.
Want to Know More?
For more information regards to the NTTC policies of the state of New Mexico, like retroactively dating NTTC’s and the state policies, please read this NTTC FYI-204 published by the New Mexico Tax and Revenue Department.